Mac ‘N Cheese Waffles
This mac and cheese version of waffles surely keep your family satisfied! Mac ‘N Cheese Waffles. They’re now one of our favorites for breakfast and lunch. Sometimes, I also serve them for snack time. These waffles are a delicious and flavorful mix of mac and cheese, shredded cheddar, beaten eggs, bread crumbs, butter and milk. The way to make them is given here. Just give it a try if you get interested!
Mac ‘N Cheese WafflesCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These mac and cheese waffles are great to make all year. They will make your pasta meals more appealing.
1 (6-8 oz) box macaroni and cheese
1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. bread crumbs
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 c. milk
Nonstick cooking spray, for the waffle iron
- Prepare macaroni according to package directios, until al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pot over low heat. Add milk and cheese packet and whisk well. Turn off heat and bring macaroni back to pot.
- Stir in 1 cup cheddar until melted and macaroni is evenly coated in cheese sauce. Stir in egg and bread crumbs until evenly combined.
- Preheat waffle iron. Once hot, spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop about ½ cup of macaroni and cheese into center of the grate and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Close iron and cook until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove waffle from iron; using forks. Repeat until no macaroni and cheese remains.
- Serve warm.