Marshmallow Stuffed Cupcakes
Packed with flavors and melt in mouth, these Marshmallow Stuffed Cupcakes are a fantastic treat to both kids and adults. I fall for these right from the moment they’re served. That’s not all because I have a sweet tooth. These cupcakes taste so good. They’re a perfect mix of cake mix, marshmallows, soften butter, cocoa powder, heavy cream, vanilla extract, sugar, and kosher salt.
Marshmallow Stuffed CupcakesCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These marshmallow stuffed cupcakes are delicious and flavorful desserts and snacks. When we treat my guests with these at weekend gathering, they all fall in love with them.
1 box Devil’s food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
24 large marshmallows
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. cocoa powder
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare two 12-cup cupcake pans lined with cupcake liners.
- Prepare Devil’s Food cake mix according to package instructions.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full with batter and bake until a toothpick inserted into each cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop a small well out of each cupcake; using a teaspoon. Reserve cupcake crumbs for garnish.
- Add a marshmallow into each well and bake until the marshmallow puffs, about 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- To make chocolate frosting: Add butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Beat until fluffy; using a hand mixer. Beat in heavy cream, add more if needed.
- Arrange frosting onto cupcakes. Sprinkle cupcake crumbs on top. Enjoy!