Pickleback Jell-O Shots
Pickleback Jell-O Shots are one of my guilt’s pleasures! Pickles are cut off ends, cut in half, crosswise and hollowed out. Pickle halves are then filled with a cool mix of pickle juice, whiskey and gelatin, and kept in the fridge until jelly is set. Juicy and flavorful, these gets me hooked right from the moment they’re served. And you, ready to give these a try?
Pickleback Jell-O ShotsCourse: Appetizers, Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
If you are looking for a pickle dish that’s easy to make and fun to eat, these Pickleback Jell-O Shots are the way to go.
1 1/4 c. pickle juice
12 large pickles
2 packages plain gelatin
1/2 c. whiskey
1 tbsp. Chopped fresh dill
- Add pickle juice and whiskey to a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat then whisk in gelatin. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Cut off ends of each pickle, then cut in half crosswise. Scoop out the middle of each pickle to create a well; using a quarter teaspoon, .
- Carefully pour whiskey mixture into each pickle then sprinkle dill on top.
- Refrigerate until jello is set, about 2 hours. Enjoy!