Pizza Hot Dogs
Hot Dogs never get me failed. I can make a number of dishes with them. And these Pizza Hot Dogs are one of my favorite. Hot dog buns are opened, brushed with melted butter, baked until golden, spread with pizza sauce, covered with boiled hot dogs, topped with mozzarella, sprinkles of Italian seasoning, and mini pepperoni. They are then broiled until cheese is melty. Coming out tasty and tangy, these surely get you hooked.
Pizza Hot DogsCourse: Breakfast, BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These pizza hot dogs are great to make all year, for breakfast and brunch. My family just fall for these.
6 hot dog buns
6 hot dogs, boiled
1/2 c. mini pepperoni
1/2 c. pizza sauce
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Open hot dog buns and brush inside with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Lay on a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Spoon a little sauce onto each hot dog bun then place boiled hot dog on top.
- Top each hot dog with mozzarella, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, then place mini pepperoni on top.
- Broil until cheese is melty, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.