Grilled Chili Cheese Dogs
Skillet-buttered hot dog buns topped with shredded cheddar, split chili cheese hot dogs (¾ of the way through), more cheddar and chives, covered with a lid until cheese is melty, folded over to sandwich. That’s what these Grilled Chili Cheese Dogs offer. Coming out delicious and flavorful, these hot dog sandwiches surely keep you satisfied. Let’s give them a try!
Grilled Chili Cheese DogsCourse: Breakfast, Brunch, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
If you are findings something good made with hot dogs for breakfast and brunch, these grilled chili cheese dogs are the way to go.
4 hot dog buns
4 hot dogs
1 can all-beef chili
3 c. shredded cheddar, divided
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. chili powder
Chopped chives, for garnish
- Roll out hot dog buns with a rolling pin until flat. Spread bottom with butter and season with chili powder.
- Split hot dogs down the middle, 3/4 of the way through.
- Cook hot dogs in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes per side.
- Stir in chili and simmer 5 minutes. Transfer chili dogs to a plate and wipe out skillet.
- Add a hot dog bun buttered-side-down to skillet and top with 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Top with a chili cheese dog and 1/4 cup more cheddar, onions, and chives. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cover with a lid until cheese is melty, then fold over buns to sandwich. Serve immediately.