Bread In A Bag
Finding an easy yet flavorful recipe to get fun with your kids? This Bread in a Bag is the way to go. Gather all ingredients to make bread in a resealable plastic bag, seal, squish together with your hands to mix, let rest, knead the dough until smooth, let rise, brush with olive oil and bake until golden. Weekend is coming, let’s make this bread with your kids!
Bread In A BagCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This bread in a bag is great to make all year. My kids really enjoy the preparation time since the first time they try it.
3 c. all-purpose flour, divided
1/4 c. sugar
1 .25-package active dry yeast
1 c. warm water
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. kosher salt
Cooking spray, for mini loaf pans
- Preheat oven to 375º F and grease mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Add 1 cup flour, sugar, and yeast and add warm water to a resealable plastic bag.
- Seal bag and squish together with your hands to mix. Let rest 10 minutes at room temperature. (Yeast should activate.)
- Add in 1 cup flour, oil, and salt, then seal and squish together.
- Add remaining flour and mix until combined. Remove dough from bag and knead 5 minutes until smooth.
- Divide dough in half and place in two loaf pans. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- Brush top of bread with olive oil or melted butter and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.