This eggplant version of bacon is a fun snack and tasty side dish to fill into hamburgers. It’s eggplant cut into thin strips, brushed all over with a mixture of olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, paprika, and liquid smoke, then baked until cooked through and beginning to get crisp. Coming out flavorful, this bacon will keep you satisfied. Ready to give it a try?
Eggplant “Bacon”Course: Sides, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
If you are finding something good yet incredibly easy to make with eggplants, this eggplant bacon is right up your street.
1 medium eggplant
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cut eggplant in quarters, lengthwise. Slice each quarter into long, thin strips.
- Add olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, paprika, and liquid smoke to a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Transfer onto baking sheets and brush both sides with sauce. Season with pepper.
- Bake until eggplant is cooked through and beginning to get crisp, 45-50 minutes.