Mozzarella Stick Waffles
You can’t go wrong with mozzarella sticks, Italian bread crumbs, all-purpose flour and eggs. They’re also what to make Mozzarella Stick Waffles. Packed with flavor and fun to eat, these waffles are now one of my kids’ favorites. They love eating them at snack. I’m hosting a game day viewing parties this weekend, and plan to treat a hungry crowd with these.
Mozzarella Stick WafflesCourse: Snacks, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Ready in 30 minutes and quite easy to make, these mozzarella stick waffles are great for any gatherings. The recipe is given here, just give it a try if you get interested in.
16 mozzarella sticks (preferably low-moisture)
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. Italian bread crumbs
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp. milk (or water)
Grated Parmesan, for garnish
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Marinara, warmed, for serving
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat. Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare 3 separarte shallow bowls, first for flour; second for eggs and milk, whisk to combined; third for bread crumbs and salt mixture.
- Toss mozzarella sticks in flour, dip in egg mixture until fully coated, then coat in bread crumbs.
- Place coated mozzarella sticks, sided by side, in waffle iron. Cover and cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove from waffle iron; using tongs or a fork, then cut waffles into strips.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.