Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
Oven Baked Chicken BreastsCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These oven baked chicken breasts are a keto and low carb meal that’s easy, quick, and delicious. They’re like un-stuffed chicken, with a cheesy spinach and sun-dried tomato topping.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (7-8 oz wt. each)
3/4 tsp table salt
3/4 tsp ground black pepper
3 oz wt. chopped fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
3 oz wt. cream cheese
3/4 oz wt. (about 1/4 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 oz wt. (about 1/4 cup) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (dry packaged)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Slice each chicken breast in half, so it’s half as thick as before. The resulting pieces should be no thicker than about 1/2 inch. If moist, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread out the chicken pieces in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Season the chicken with half of the salt and pepper. Flip them and season the other side with the remaining salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan on the stovetop, cook spinach until wilted. Separately, microwave cream cheese until very soft and easily mixed, about 20 seconds.
- In a bowl, stir together cooked spinach, softened cream cheese, and all other topping ingredients until well-mixed. Evenly spread the mixture across the tops of the chicken pieces.
- Bake at 425 F until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. Let it cool at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories480
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 12g 60%
- Cholesterol 183mg 61%
- Sodium 1310mg 55%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 57g 114%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.