Caramel Apple Bombs
Here is a good recipe for apple and biscuit dough that you can definitely make at home. Biscuits are filled with a delicious mix of chopped apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until tender, brushed with melted butter, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and baked until golden. These are finished off with glaze of powdered sugar and cream, making them more appealing. My family just fall for them!
Caramel Apple BombsCourse: Snacks, DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These caramel apple bombs are great for weekend gatherings. Their recipe is here, just give it a go if you get interested in.
1 (16.3-oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough
2 apples, finely chopped
8 caramel candies
1 tbsp. butter, plus 2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of kosher salt
1/3 c. cinnamon sugar
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a medium cooking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove biscuits from can and stretch slightly. Add one caramel candy and a large scoop of apple mixture to center of a biscuit and create a ball, pinching together loose ends of biscuit dough.
- Transfer onto cooking dish and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
- To make glaze: Mix together powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl.
- Once biscuits are out of the oven, drizzle with glaze and serve.