This Pumpkin Cannoli is one of the easiest yet most delicious foods to make with pumpkins. Pie crust is cut out rounds, formed into cannoli shell, baked until golden and crispy, then filled with a tasty and flavorful mix of ricotta, pumpkin purée, powdered sugar, pumpkin spice, vanilla, salt, and chocolate chips. They’re appealing breakfast and snack to make all year. Enjoy!
Pumpkin CannoliCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This pumpkin cannoli is what you should make to get into Fall and Winter’s spirit. Its recipe is here, just give it a try if you get interested.
All-purpose flour, for rolling out dough
15-oz. store-bought refrigerated pie dough
1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. mini chocolate chips
2 tbsp. cinnamon-sugar
2 c. ricotta
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Cooking spray, for pans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 nonsticking baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Tear off a large square of foil, then roll into a long and tight cylinder. Repeat to make 4 cylinders total. Place 2 foil cylinders on each baking sheet and grease with cooking spray.
- Transfer pie crust onto a lightly floured surface, unroll and sprinkle all over with cinnamon-sugar. Use a 3” biscuit cutter to stamp out rounds. Wrap rounds around foil and pinch together the ends to shape a cannoli shell.
- Bake until golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing from foil.
- Add ricotta and pumpkin purée to a large bowl, beat until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, pumpkin spice, vanilla, and salt and beat until as smooth as possible.
- Fold in chocolate chips then transfer mixture to a large piping bag.
- Pipe filling into cannoli shells and serve immediately.