Pumpkin Pie Egg Rolls
This sweet version of egg rolls surely mesmerizes your taste buds. Pumpkin Pie Egg Rolls. Pumpkin puree, cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt combined together, then filled over egg roll wrappers, rolled up, and finally fried until golden. To best serve, these are sprinkled with powder sugar and dipped in caramel. They’re now my kids’ beloved breakfast and snack. Yummy!
Pumpkin Pie Egg RollsCourse: Breakfast, Lunch, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Those who have craving for pumpkins, should never miss these pumpkin pie egg rolls. Their recipe is given here, just give them a try if you like.
1 package egg roll wrappers
1 16 oz. can pumpkin puree
2 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Pinch kosher salt
Vegetable oil, for frying
Powdered sugar, for garnish
Caramel, for dipping
- Add pumpkin, cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth and fully combined.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape. Top with a heaping spoonful of pumpkin mixture.
- Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar on top and serve with caramel.