Greek Stuffed Peppers
I just love stuffed peppers. They’re loaded with flavors, and great for both family dinners and small gathering. These Greek Stuffed Peppers are a good recipe that I would like to share today. Pepper halves are filled with delicious mix of cooked chicken, cooked couscous, red onion, garlic, feta, and zucchini. They are then baked in the oven until tender and cheese is melty. Yummy!
Greek Stuffed PeppersCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
These Greek stuffed peppers are a perfect choice to jazz up boring meals. Weekend is coming, let’s treat your family with these.
6 bell peppers
1 lb. chicken breast
1 c. couscous
1 small red onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. crumbled feta, divided, plus more for sprinkling
1 zucchini, chopped
1 c. quartered cherry tomatoes
1/2 c. kalamata olives, chopped
1 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth (or water), divided
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 tbsp. chopped dill
Freshly ground black pepper
Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cut off top of each bell pepper. Discard stems and remove ribs and seeds from peppers. Place peppers upright in a large casserole dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then dice.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then remove pan from heat.
- Stir in couscous, cover with a tight-forming lid until couscous is tender and all liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Gather cooked couscous, red onion, garlic, 1/2 cup feta, and zucchini in a large bowl. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Scoop couscous mixture into peppers and sprinkle tops with remaining 1/2 cup feta.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth into baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil. Bake until peppers are tender and the cheese is melty, 42 to 45 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over cooked peppers and serve immediately.