I can’t waiting falling for sweet and tangy foods that are presented in cute little shapes. These Owl Cupcakes are one of them. Cupcakes are topped with chocolate frosting, made with two swooshes on top for ears, topped with Oreo halves, icing side up for eyes, and mini M&Ms at the bottom for eyeballs. They are then placed with an orange mini M&M for the nose. And, ready to serve! They’re an fantastic treat for the kids at weekend meals and small parties.
Owl CupcakesCourse: Snacks, DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you want to make your cupcakes less boring, just give these owl cupcakes a go. If your kids get interested, just let them do the decoration with you.
1 box chocolate cake batter, plus ingredients called for on box
24 Oreos, halved
48 chocolate mini M&Ms
24 orange mini M&Ms
1 (16-oz.) tub chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350º F and prepare 2 12-cup muffin tins lined with black cupcake liners.
- Prepare cupcake batter according to package directions.
- Divide cupcake batter among cupcake liners and bake until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Pipe chocolate frosting over cupcakes, making two swooshes on top for ears!
- Top with Oreo halves, icing side up for eyes. Dot the bottom of chocolate mini M&Ms with frosting and place on top of Oreo halves for eyeballs.
- Place an orange mini M&M for nose. Serve.